Plant your lemon tree from seed: There are many reasons why you should grow your lemon tree. Once your tree starts to bloom, it gives off a beautiful, citrus scent and you will enjoy eating your own homemade, organic lemons. There is no greater pleasure than that! Lemons thrive mainly in hot weather but can do so even in cold weather when planted indoors. Your tree will be able to produce lemons after 3-6 years, but watching a seed you plant is the most fascinating and exciting experience.
So if you want to grow your lemon tree from a seed, you need to do the following:
- Use grains of organic lemons because they are healthier.
- Use natural fertilizer to fertilize the soil in the pot.
- Your planter should be at least 15cm deep and 15cm wide.
- Your seedling pot should be 30cm deep and 60cm wide.
- If you plan to grow your tree indoors, you will need a growth lamp.
How to plant your tree:
- Your potting soil should be moist and not soaked.
- Put the soil in the planter.
- Cut a lemon and remove the seed. Remove all pulp from the seed.
- Put the seed quickly in the middle of the pot.
- Spray some water over the seed.
- Cover your pot with a plastic bag and seal the edges with a little rubber. Use a pencil to make some holes.
- Put your pot where it is warm.
- Spray your planted seeds regularly with water. You have to keep the soil moist.
- Remove the plastic bag after 2 weeks as soon as the seed has sprouted.
- Keep the soil moist and add some natural fertilizer. The pot should be exposed to light for at least 8 hours a day.
- If you notice any insects or diseases that attack your plant, use a small amount of pesticides to protect your plant.
- Once the plant has grown out of the small pot, put the plant in the large bowl. Do not forget to keep the soil moist.
Once your plant starts producing lemons, you know that your hard work has paid off. We know that buying lemons is much more comfortable, but growing your lemon tree is a unique and enjoyable experience.